Every Marvelous Experience Begins With A Solid Foundation
Since CrossFit encompasses movements from a wide range of fitness disciplines, it is more technical than any other workout method known. We lift heavy weights, perform complex movements, and push ourselves to the limit. In order to progress safely and efficiently, your journey starts at the beginning - Fundamentals.
Fundamentals is an 8 Class Series, meeting every Tuesday and Thursday @ 8:00PM for 4 weeks. Each class is 60 minutes long and builds on material taught in previous classes - starting with very simple body weight movements and culminating in technical barbell lifts.
Through this program you will achieve a number of goals:
- Learn all of the foundational CrossFit movements - hands down the best way to prepare and become familiarized with movements used in regular classes.
- Workout alongside other beginners brand new to CrossFit - ensuring a safe, comfortable, and fun environment where everyone is on an equal playing field.
- Develop your conditioning to a level that sets you up for success in regular classes.
The format for each class is as follows:
- Warm-up | 5 Min | Easy exercises to get the heart pumping and prepare your body for work.
- Stretching & Mobility | 10 Min | Restores defunct ranges of motion, producing a higher level of safety and efficiency.
- Movement Review | 30 Min | Learn how to optimally perform the movements and exercises for that given day.
- Workout Of The Day (WOD) | 10 min | The actual “workout” portion of the class; this is the part that’s really intense. :)
- Cooldown & Questions | 5 min | Bring the body back down to “normal” in a manner that minimizes recovery time and reduces soreness.
Here is the curriculum for each class:
- Gymnastics Essentials: Air Squat, Push-up, Superman, Hollow Rock, Plank, Lunge, Sit-up, Core Bar Work
- Gymnastics Basics: Running Technique, Dip, Burpee, Ball Slam, Box Jump, Pull-Ups, Wall Ball
- Weightlifting - Squats: Rowing Technique, Air Squat, High Bar Back Squat, Front Squat, Overhead Squat
- Weightlifting - Presses: Jump Rope, Strict Press, Push Press, Push Jerk, Split Jerk
- Weightlifting - Deadlift: Deadlifting Progressions, Deadlift, Kettlebell Deadlift, Russian Kettlebell Swing
- Olympic Lifting - Snatch Essentials: Foot Positions, Arm Positions, Snatch Warm-ups & Exercises
- Olympic Lifting - Snatch Basics: Full Snatch Progressions
- Olympic Lifting - Clean Basics: Full Clean Progressions
Testimonials From Past Fundamentals Athletes
"...easily the most I've ever learned about fitness..."
"...I'm very impressed with how friendly all the members and coaches are. Very cool to be so new to the family and to be included right off the bat..."
"...great instructors and motivators. Personalized experience based on what your needs are..."
"...thank you! I learned a ton! Overall very enjoyable experience. Great staff!..."
"...the coaches are the real deal..."
"...I've never known how powerful and supportive a community like this could be..."
"...top of the line equipment, instruction, and programming. I've taken Fundamentals previously at another gym and this one far surpassed my expectations..."
"...I loved how you listened to our questions and provided feedback. Encouraged us every step of the way..."
Tuition for the small group Fundamentals program is $149 and backed by our no B.S. guarantee: at any point you feel Fundamentals isn't the best fitness experience you've ever had we'll gladly refund your tuition - no questions asked. :)
To Reserve Your Spot For Group Fundamentals, Please Fill Out This Form:
If the small group Fundamentals program doesn't work with your schedule, you can elect to complete Fundamentals in a 1:1 setting with a certified coach at a time convenient for you. The 6, 60-minute 1:1 personal training sessions is offered at a discounted rate of $299.